We're looking for a Designer / Front End Web Developer to join our team.
Web Designer / Front-end Developer
Working alongside our award-winning experienced team, you will help design and build exciting digital solutions for our wide and varied client base. You will be responsible for the design and front end development of these solutions.
As the design leader, you will work closely with our development teams and our clients on a daily basis. You will also be expected to be able to work with a high level of autonomy and deliver to an exceptionally high standard.
Some of the exciting work you will be doing
As part of our team, you will be focused on design and front end development.
The work we do varies greatly, some examples would be;
- Working with clients across a wide range of industries (manufacturing, publishing, luxury and consumer goods etc)
- Ecommerce design and development (using Ensemble our in house framework)
- Web (using the Craft CMS) and App design and development
- UI/UX design for CRMs and business management solutions
- Liaising with clients through the discovery, design and development phases.
- Helping to drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team
- Assist critical support issues quickly and action the most appropriate solution
- Constantly review the latest web technologies to see how they can benefit our clients
- Create clean and readable code that is testable
- Act as the team’s design evangelist and make sure everything we do looks amazing
- Share your technical knowledge and mentor other team members
What we need from you
- 3 years experience in a similar role
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Unrivalled proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- HTML, CSS (SCSS) and, JS skills
- Building responsive applications, and cross-browser/platform delivery are all second nature
- Be organised, have a keen eye for the little details, meet deadlines and exceed expectations
- Flexible attitude and a willingness to adapt, previous experience working in a small team is a plus
- The role will be split, both remote and in the studio - so being able to travel to Otford for team meetings is essential.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills and must be eligible to work in the UK
Extra brownie points if...
- CSS Pre/Postprocessors are your new best friend
- Know your way around (or have created) a front end pattern library or design system
- Experience using task runners (GLUP and/or Grunt)
- A working knowledge of PHP, Vue.js and Twig
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and SCRUM
In return you will receive ...
- Remote first working ..
- The latest hardware and software to work on
- A global client base
- 5% Friday, a chance to work on non-client related R&D projects
- Continuing professional development
- Attend development related conferences and training courses
- Decent coffee (We don’t do instant)
- To work in cool offices, just 30 mins from London (when we get back to it)
- An early escape on Fridays - we're are out of here at 4pm
- Internet fame & stardom (possibly)
- Oh... and a competitive salary (DOE
How to apply:
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org telling us the role you are interested in.
We’re looking for true innovators so stand out and don't be ‘ordinary’.
- A link to your digital portfolio / GIT repository
- All relevant experience, detailing how you meet the requirements of our team
- A link to your LinkedIn profile, any portfolio or blog if available
- Details of your salary expectations
- Your current notice period (if applicable). We promise not to contact your existing employer without talking to you first
We will do our best to reply to every email we receive. However, please be patient we can often receive hundreds of applications. It takes time and a lot of coffee to review them all.
Ecce is an equal opportunities employer. As such we will never ask you to identify your age, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age unless legally required to by the UK law or EU legislation.
During the interview process, you will be asked if you require any special requirements or equipment to be able to work efficiently. This is to ensure, where reasonably possible, we can create a productive and comfortable work environment for all members of our team.