We're an award-winning digital agency looking to recruit a Midweight PHP Developer
Joining our highly talented capable team, you will help conceive, design and develop new and exciting digital solutions for our fantastic client base. You will be responsible for the development, production, modification and maintenance of these solutions.
As a member of our development team report directly to our lead developer, working closely with our studio manager, the creative team, and our clients on a daily basis. You will also be expected to be able to work with a high level of autonomy and deliver to an exceptionally high standard.
As part of our team, you will be focused on server side (and occasionally frontend) development. The work we do varies greatly, some examples would be;
- CMS development
- CRM development and business management solutions
- Helping to drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team
- Assist critical support issues quickly and action the most appropriate solution
- Constantly review the latest web technologies to see how they can benefit our clients
- Create clean and readable code that is testable
- Share your technical knowledge and mentor junior team members
- Help the management team with the technical scoping and planning for projects
What we'd really like from you
- Min 3+ years proven experience in a similar role
- God-like proficiency with all technical aspects of building digital (web-based) applications
- Experience with Laravel a BIG plus
- Building responsive applications, integrating payment gateways and
- Experience with Git and command line tools such as Grunt and Gulp
- Be organised, have a keen eye for the little details, meet deadlines and exceed expectations
- Flexible attitude and a willingness to adapt, previous experience working in a small team is a plus
- Challenge the status quo while always playing well with others. Be polite, professional and helpful towards clients and other team members. -
- Voice any criticisms, disagreements and opinions constructively and fairly
- Be open to receiving feedback. It won’t always be nice, it won’t always fair, but don’t make snap judgements. Take your time to digest and react by being better than before
- Always ask questions. Always keep learning. Always share ideas. Always strive to be better. Always be awesome
- Happy to work on site. This position is not available for remote working.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills and must be eligible to work in the UK
Extra brownie points if...
- Your name is up in lights on the app store (experience with native mobile app development / Java, Objective-C or Swift)
- Experience with
- Front End development experience (e.g HTML/SCSS/JQuery/Vue.js/React)
- A love of all things Twig
- AWS is like a second home
- Wordpress/Craft or other PHP based CMS experience
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and SCRUM
- Show no fear when our design teams talk Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch. Ability to ‘slice-up’ designs assets like a pro
What you'll get from us in return...
- To work in cool offices in a picturesque Kent village, just 30 mins from London
- The latest hardware and software to work on
- A global client base
- 5% Friday, a chance to work on non-client related R&D projects
- Private medical insurance after a qualifying period
- Continuing professional development
- Attend development related conferences and training courses
- Regular team lunches (A love of curries, Asian food and BBQs is advantageous - not essential)
- Decent coffee (We don’t do instant)
- A well-stocked beer & wine fridge
- An early escape on Fridays - we're are out of here at
- Internet fame & stardom (possibly)
- Oh... and a competitive salary (DOE)
NB: Sorry recruitment agencies, we're doing this one ourselves.
Ecce is an equal opportunities employer. As such we will never ask you to identify your age, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age unless legally required to by the UK law or EU legislation.